Author Topic: How long until I'm clean? Update: I'M CLEAN!  (Read 3320 times)

mjquitter

How long until I'm clean? Update: I'M CLEAN!
« on: November 14, 2011, 10:14:25 AM »
I quit smoking marijuana 3 weeks ago. I have no plan on going back to it. I was wondering how long until I'm officially clean? I know it stays in my system for a long time but I was wondering how long until I can actually pass a drug test. One of the reasons I want to know this is because I have to make a doctor appointment with the VA and they won't give me any medication until I'm clean. I was supposed to go to have a test done this week before I see the doctor but I knew I wouldn't be clean yet. I took one of those home drug tests last night. I knew I wouldn't be clean but I thought just maybe. I was positive of course.

I told them to reschedule my appointment for after the 1st of the year. That would give me at least 11 weeks to get clean. I smoked pretty heavy for the past 5 years and the past few months before I quit I was only smoking in the evenings. Usually a bowl before bed. The last few days I smoked really heavy, pretty much every few hours for three days so I'm sure that didn't help much. So do you think I can be clean after 11 weeks?

I've checked lots of websites for this info but most of the websites out there that talk about getting clean are pro-marijuana and are trying to get people clean for a work drug test or whatever by using detox methods or some weird cheating method (which I'm sure doesn't work anyway). I don't want my information to come from a pro-marijuana website.

I have been exercising regularly. I'm 5'6" and 170lbs. Will 11 weeks be enough time? I have some more home drug tests coming in the mail this week. 5 of them actually so I'll keep testing myself in the coming weeks.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 11:17:24 AM by mjquitter »

toff

Re: How long until I'm clean?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 02:09:23 PM »
they say normally about 3 months, in ur pee, but of course it can vary, and its said to be stuck in ur hair (if u have long hair), meaning u can test one hair and actually see when u quit
I dont know if this is true though?
best toff
44 years, smoked since 16, every day since about 30 and in the end every 20 min or so, quit since 1.mai 2010, did some occasional smoking since

wantstoquit

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 09:12:57 PM »
Well I have no way to know for sure but it's safe to say you will be clean by then. Do you sweat when you exercise? I mean really sweat your ass off? Well make sure you do that....and I bet you you will be clean in four weeks from now if not sooner. You will be fine! Let us know when you do test clean!

S

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 09:40:06 AM »
have no idea on days or weeks, but just sweat, run, jump, dance, whatever and don`t forget to drink those 2 litres of clear and clean water a day.

mjquitter

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 06:34:25 AM »
Thanks for the advice. I sweat pretty good during my workout. I've been doing a lot of calisthenics such as push-ups, sit-ups, squats etc... I usually walk a lot and with the humidity being 97% like it is today I work up a pretty good sweat when I walk 4 or 5 miles. I usually try to maintain a pretty good pace of at least 4mph or so. I have bad knees so I can't really do any running or jumping. I would get to the gym and lift weights if I could afford the membership. I tested myself at 3 weeks and still came up positive but I'll keep testing myself each week until I'm clean. I'll let you know.

mjquitter

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 05:52:51 PM »
I'M OFFICIALLY CLEAN!

Here is the proof I posted on my blog. Picture included. Check it out! - http://mjquitter.wordpress.com/2011/11/20/4-week-anniversary-clean/